Wednesday, March 6, 2013

{Fasting, Prayer and a Little Music}


Photo Source
Ever had one of those days when you feel like you have so many balls in the air, that you just know one is going to come crashing down? Yep...I know I have!  I am there right now.  These are some life-changing decisions we are contemplating, but PRAISE JESUS that they are all great decisions to be faced with.  Whenever we are preparing to make these decisions, we fast and pray.  It's funny that these seasons in my life always happen right around Easter.  Every year, for the past 3 years, we have done the Daniel Fast leading up to Easter.  Looking back, I can see how the Lord really began to reveal his plans to us, and really started to stir our hearts during the Daniel Fast.  The seasons have stretched my faith, and challenged us as a family.  I have had to reign my anxiety in, relinquish control and trust HIM!  The great thing is, that God's already got it worked out!  I wholeheartedly, passionately believe this!

This morning, as my mind was racing, I heard Chris Tomlin's song, "Whom Shall I Fear", on the radio.  The chorus says exactly what I needed to hear.  I love God's heart, and how he speaks through others:

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

 
Don't you love that?!?!  If you are wrestling with a big decision, or just feeling plain defeated, I encourage you to take a couple of minutes and listen to this song.  It reminds me that Jesus is on my side, is fighting for me, and passionately loves me.  I pray it does the same for you! 

Happy Wednesday, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment